Competition for resources

‘“Now, mind you,” the footnote usually goes, “I myself am allowed to have a lot, and to want even more after that. But YOU, my friend, are not. Because people are starving somewhere. And even though I’m not personally feeding them or helping them in any way, I’m going to assuage my guilt over that fact by loudly stating that YOU AREN’T, EITHER.”’ From: Ask Polly: I’m Broke and I Hate My Job! — The Cut

Man, people sure hate to hear others complain, don’t they? In fact, something around 75% of whining on the internet is mostly people complaining about other people’s… um, complaining. (The remaining 25% is complaining about the complaining about the complaining. Hi.)

Well, life sucks for everybody in varying amounts, and complaining is a coping mechanism for that. Also, writing to advice columnists.

Advertisements
Competition for resources

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s